Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Furniture Makeovers

So, clearly I have not been keeping up with my resolution to write everyday, but in all fairness to myself I've been a little busy with the newest baby and my other 4 kids, not to mention the puppy.
Baby #5 arrived right on her due date, February 5th, so she is now just over 3 months old. I've decided not to go back to doing daycare for the time being, instead I am going to give my first love - writing - a shot at being a money-generating enterprise. Not because that's what I spent 6 years and $60,000 dollars in college for, not because my husband has been telling me to be a writer for the past 10 years, not because it's something I love doing. No, not for any of those perfectly sensible reasons. What's prompted me to give this writer career thing a shot is some dumb quiz on Facebook that I attempted to skew by answering questions so as not to be told to be a writer, but which nevertheless told me I should be a writer! Go figure. But, I digress. This post is supposed to be about furniture makeovers, and so, I will now show you the results of my 2 attempted transformations.


Dresser Found in Alley Turned Coffee and Wine Bar

 
For the coffee and wine bar I was lazy and skipped the primer. Don't make that mistake! By the 2nd day it already had scrapes and scratches. For the baby's nightstand, I learned my lesson, and started with a coat of primer. In the words of Robert Frost (though totally out of context), "That has made all the difference."
 

TV/Microwave Cart Turned Baby Nightstand
 
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment